Health Care Sales Executive
Internal Home Care Sales - "Care Advisors"
Based in McLean, Virginia - You must be able to work in the office
Care Advisors are client focused, performance and sales oriented. In order to be successful you will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be detailed oriented.
We want our Care Advisors to contribute to the evolution of our internal processes and client solutions. Our Care Advisors are often the first person who will speak to a family member about their family's care needs and you will represent the Company as its key ambassador.
Primary Responsibilities A Care Advisor's responsibilities and goals will include:
- Consulting directly with our family members to listen, explore and understand their family members' needs in a compassionate, empathic, intuitive and analytical process.
- Understand and learn about the aging process and homecare options and become a trusted expert in developing care solutions for our members based on the Company's offerings.
- Propose, offer and sell over the phone a range of creative caregiver solutions based on our broad offerings.
- Communicate, support, and assist family members by providing solutions both orally and in writing (primarily through email).
- Advise families during their decision-making process to help them select the best caregiving solutions based on our system.
- Manage our care solution program from beginning to end by providing an exceptional client experience.
Organizational skills and follow-up are critical skills. Care Advisors are expected to maintain close connections and relationships with families and Caregivers during the sales process and monitor their changing needs.
Care Advisors are required to become knowledgeable about all Senior Care options, specifically In-Home Care and to have the desire to become an expert in the field.
- 1-3 years Sales, Marketing, and/or Recruiting experience;
- Intuitive, good listener, strong communicator, solution oriented, driven:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Interested in learning, with an eye toward personal improvement;
- Detailed-oriented, flexible, self-motivated, and a team player;
- Professionalism when working with remote families and Caregivers in a structured environment;
- Process-oriented, results-driven, and able to learn and utilize our Internet-based client management software (Salesforce.com);
- Senior Care Industry experience is definitely a plus, but not required.
- Care Advisors will start with a competitive base salary and will be eligible for quarterly, performance-based bonuses.
- The Company does not currently offer health benefits at this time; however, we do provide pre-tax healthcare savings program.